After Austin's birthday party on the 12th of June we ended up taking Savanna to Phoenix Childrens Hospital because her eating refusal had hit an all time high and we were getting worried. She was down to 17 ounces a day when we took her in. Surprisingly she was not dehydrated and the ER wanted to send us on our way as usual. Well I fnally decided to listen to my pediatrician and stand up and be firm. Well it got me somewhere! After telling the condensed version of Savannas history and that even though she seemed fine on the outside I believed there was a problem and her symptoms were NOT normal. They came back after about 30 minutes and told us they has decided to admit her to the main hospital! YIPPEE!!! So condensed version is we ended up staying 9 days and they ran tons of tests.....all of them came back NEGATIVE!!! What?!?!?!? I was blown away, now please dont misunderstand me I dont want there to be something wrong with my baby but the fact stands that her body is telling us there IS something wrong and I just want to know what it is. So we left the care of the hospital with Savanna on an NG feeding tube to give her continuous feeds throughout the night to supplement her daily intake and being told that there is something wrong with her but they dont know what and only time will tell when she developes other symptoms or with any luck one day she wakes up fine and has grown out of whatever it is. Since being back nothing has really changed, she has still had her good days and bad days and has been a bit crankier the last week. I was finally able to get a dirty diaper in to her pediatrician and they tested it for blood and that came back positive which I already knew since I had been trying to tell people this for awhile now. They ordered more stool cultures to see if she has an paracites, bacterial infections or if there was fat in her stools and so far they have come back negative. On Friday she will be going to the hospital for a sweat test for Cystic Fibrosis. She is not a classic fit but we are at the end of our rope and she does fit the major symptom of mass mucus production as she has had it in her diapers for the last 4 months and vomits it. At this point I am afraid I will finally have an answer but I dont want it to be that one and even more so I am afraid if it isn't that could it be something worse? This is just the crappiest situation and I hope for my baby to be healthy soon!
Other than the stress of Savannas issues life has been good. We had a wonderful 4th of July get together at Sonyas this last weekend and then relaxed all day and watched movies on the 4th. Brooklynn is doing great in dance class and made the Allstar dance team at her studio! That means that she will dance in recitals, events and compete as well. I am so proud of my baby girl! Only down side is that I now spend 6 hours a week at the studio not to mention tons of money :) Austin is still refusing to speak but is amazingly good at communicating without words. He also loves to dance and copy his big sister, it is quite cute to watch. As for Marty he has had a job offer that is basically his dreams come true and we are just waiting on a call to see if he got it or not. I will be so darn happy if he does and I know he will be ecstatic as it will open many doors for him. He will be working from 2:00pm - 12:00am though but hey we will get used to it and may even like it. Whew! I think that is all for now, thanks if you made it this far :)
Savanna with the horse Andrea gave her
Savanna looking so sad after getting her tube
Savanna saying Bye Bye to Andrea
Austin on his birthday
Brooklynn modeling an outift I made